How to get the most out of your conference
Here are some great reminders from Harvard Business Review:
- Shift your mindset and focus on how networking is good for your career. (Bring A LOT of business cards!)
- Make a wish list of people you'd like to meet from the attendee list and seek them out.
- When choosing which sessions to attend, consider whether you'll learn something or meet someone new.
- Take the initiative to join a group for a meal or attend one of the social events.
- Manage your existing connections, but don't spend all of your time with people you already know.
- Make time for yourself. Give yourself time to rest and rejuvenate during the conference.
- Follow up when you're back at work to solidify new partnerships and friendships.
The SMPS SF Chapter invites you to "wave" goodbye to the 2018 Pacific Regional Conference at our Post-Conference Social! We'll be taking over the St. Clair Brown Winery in Napa for a networking event featuring premium Napa wines, appetizers, and live music from the Chime Travelers. This women-run winery+brewery in the heart of downtown Napa features small-lot, handcrafted wines and locally brewed beers with exceptional structural balance and layers of complex flavors. Space is limited.
Warm or cold? Here's what you can be prepared for.